|Visitor Information Centre
|1 min walk
|1 min walk
|1 min walk
|5 min walk
|10 min walk
|Restaurants & Cafes
|1 - 5 min walk
|1 min walk
|Port Fairy Hospital
|3 min drive
56 Sackville Street
Port Fairy VIC [map]
(03) 5568 1800
To Stay With Us
|Free WiFi Internet
|All rooms are non-smoking
|Secure off-street Parking close to rooms
|Room Service Continental Breakfast
|Special Needs/Wheelchair friendly room
|Digital Flat screen TVs
|BBQ area and outdoor dining suites
|Golden Chain discount
|Chargeback for corporate guests
|Mini Bars - no alcohol
Port Fairy is a must see when travelling along the Great Ocean Road. Voted “The World’s Most Liveable Community” in 2012, you’ll be glad you visited our quaint, seaside village. Historic Port Fairy boasts wide streets lined with nineteenth century cottages, great Norfolk pines and old stone churches.
There is something for everyone here.
- Join in the fun of our festivals.
Port Fairy Jazz Festival (February) promotes all genres of jazz music in the picturesque surrounds of Port Fairy.
Port Fairy Folk Festival (March) is Australia's world famous major event presenting international and national artists in a four day festival of music, arts and culture.
Port Fairy Spring Music Festival (October) is a leading classical music festival in Victoria.
Koroit Irish Festival (April) celebrates their Irish heritage with this festival unlike any other.
Moyneyana Festival (December - January) A yearly summer festival from Christmas day to Australia Day.
- Art Lovers can spend a day visiting the many studios and galleries of local painters, printmakers, textile designers, glass artists and sculptors in Port Fairy. Art Walk stroll around town and visit the many artists who get their inspiration from our little village
- Take a stroll down to the Moyne River and watch as the fisherman unload their catch, from there you can take a cruise out in the bay Mulloka Cruises or to see the seals at Lady Julia Percy Island Port Fairy Boat Charter and if you fancy a bit of fishing why not arrange for a fishing charter with Salty Dog Charters. In the winter months you may be lucky to see some Southern Right Whales in the bay when they migrate here to calf.
- Love dogs? Come and visit Port Fairy over the June Long weekend for the Winter Weekends Festival and laugh at the little dogs with the big hearts Port Fairy Dachshund Dash
- Explore Griffiths Island where, during their September to May nesting season, you will get a spectacular view of thousands of mutton-birds flying in at dusk to feed their young
- Rent a bike or take the walking track to the point of Griffiths Island to see the historic Port Fairy Lighthouse, which has been guiding boats into Port Fairy since 1859
- Fancy a bit of shopping? Port Fairy has some wonderful shops – stroll along Bank and Sackville St where you’ll find a range of shops to explore. For the ladies we have some of the best boutiques in the region.
- Time for a meal or a snack? Port Fairy is known as one of the top dining destinations along the Great Ocean Road. We have many restaurants, pubs and cafes to choose from – from take away to fine dining. Restaurants and Cafes
- Golf anyone? This par 72 course is consistently ranked within the 25 best public access courses in Australia, this classic links style course winds its way through unspoilt sand dunes and provides spectacular views of the Southern Ocean. The course is open to the public with visitors most welcome. Bookings for golf are essential. Port Fairy Golf Club
- Staying for the weekend? Port Fairy has a market most weekends. The 2nd and 4th Saturday are the Port Fairy Community Market and the 3rd Saturday is the Farmers market. Both worth a visit. Arts, crafts and local produce.
- A short drive and a must see Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve where you can get up close & personal with some of Australia's most iconic native birds and animals including emus, koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, black swans, wedge-tail eagles, magpie geese and seasonal reptiles. Enjoy a walk or take a picnic.
- Feel like some pampering? Why not spend a few hours indulging in some of the many treatments available at The Port Fairy Day Spa. You’re on holidays so time treat yourself or someone special to a bit of ‘me time.’ A must do when staying in Port Fairy and only a short walk from our motel.